Dear Artists and Friends...
the time is finally here for me to announce
that registration is open
for my new online workshop...
Pathways and Wanderings
January 3rd- February 6th
Now that my work is finished for my book, Storytelling with Collage, I am very excited to offer you this workshop and fill you with inspiration and creativity that will affect your whole life as an artist and lover of art.
During this five weeks you will create your very own Book of Wanderings... bound together with a very easy technique I created for one of my workshops earlier this year in Mendocino, California and have loved ever since.
We will have five weeks of
Wandering through... a new day and a new year.
Wandering through the seasons.. a Winter landscape,
Wandering through... the renewal of Spring,
Wandering through... the warm glow of Summer and
Wandering through... the winds of change in the Autumn.
During this five weeks,
There will be four components or sections to each week's theme. The main projects will be in our Book of Wanderings, but there will also be a "Pathways" component, "Letters to Myself" and "Studio Moments." Each of these will sections will have videos as I gently guide and inspire you through our projects.
You can work with me or go at your own pace.
The videos and blog will be yours to access forever!
Our projects will begin with constructing our books using a very easy and fun technique. Next I will share and guide you through my processes from the backgrounds, to collaging, and lastly to embellishing and adding the final details.
Here are some of the things we will be doing:
- Working with pan pastels, inks and watercolor paints.
- Collaging with texture papers and fabrics.
- Adding different elements to our collages including metal and wood, wire, threads and found and collected objects.
- making books, one larger Book of Wandering and five smaller ones
(all easy to make!)
- Stitching by hand, wiring, attaching, constructing and assembling, painting, collaging, designing and most of all creating.
- Arranging, photographing, (any camera or your cellphone will work), and writing.
As many of you know, I love arranging everyday objects into still-lifes and vignettes. And to find beauty in the natural world and even the smallest details... I would like to share my processes with you during this workshop. Photographing your art space and easy and using creative art and writing prompts will also be included in this workshop.
Note: these photographs are samples of some of the things we will be doing, not the exact book we will be making!
This workshop will include:
- Five weeks of inspirational projects, ideas and prompts.
- New posts with links to the week's videos will be posted every week for five weeks.
- Over 20 high definition videos to inspire and guide you, filmed in my River Garden Studio and my home.
- A private blog that will help you organize your projects from start to finish and where I will share more ideas and art that goes hand-in-hand with our themes.
- A private Facebook group where you can share your projects and get to know other like-minded souls.
- An Instagram page that you can link to: #pathwaysandwanderings
- Extended access to the blog and videos to last indefinitely (forever!)
- Beautiful photographs and quotes throughout the blog and videos.
* High speed internet is recommended as well as a google account.
* A list of course materials will be provided later, after you join the workshop.
* The private Facebook group will be opened in December.
* Sorry, no refunds after the class begins.
* All levels of skills are welcome
No matter where you are on your artistic journey,
this workshop will
something just for you!
Registration is just
* When you pay through Paypal
you will be automatically signed up for Pathways and Wanderings!
Please make sure the email address on your account
is the one that I can send you all information,
material lists, private invitations and updates!
(Or you can send me an email at email@example.com)
(registration may be limited)